3.22.2009

Not a typical Sunday

I can't believe that I have been so busy on Sunday's for the past four Sunday's in a row. I hadn't gone to church in a whole month until today! I missed it. A lot. Toby talked about listening to God and how the thought of God speaking to us makes some uneasy, but the thought of him doing miracles is just normal. Long story short, we spent some time in silence, a chance for us to hear what He has been trying to tell us. To be honest, I always do feel nervous about moments like this. I get scared, not of what He will say, but that He won't say anything at all. I sat there in my seat with my head bowed and simply asked God, "What do you want me to know about myself that is keeping me from growing?"... I got an answer. Instantly. I had never felt more confident that it was actually God speaking to me. It was truly the first time. I won't say exactly what He said, but it has really changed my future. It has reassured me and helped me believe that I am good enough. Today was good. Really really good.

1 comment:

  1. I am very, very glad to hear it, and as always, I love reading your thoughts. :)

    Apostrophe's, get your extra apostrophe's! Use 'em for plural's! One dollar!

    ReplyDelete